My name is Angela Blake, but you can call me Angie (…all of my family and friends do).
I wasn’t born with a camera in my hands and my life-long dream wasn’t to be come an artist. I always wanted to be a veterinarian, or a fashion designer (if the vet thing didn’t work out).
However, somewhere along the way after college, I did get interested in photography as a hobby (fashion photography, actually). I later started doing portrait photography and second shooting weddings to build my skills while I was working a well paying, full-time job that left me un-fulfilled and unhappy. I couldn’t wait to get out.
Then in October 2009, I married the most amazing man in the world. Our whole wedding experience was such a wonderful and monumental moment in my life. It made me want to capture those same moments for other couples. Wedding photography was the perfect fit for me because (other than the emotional connection i have to it) I have always loved everything about weddings. In fact, I still watch wedding shows all the time. It is my guilty pleasure (disguised as business research, of course).
In 2010, we moved to Birmingham for my husband’s job, and I was able to turn my dream into a reality. I charged full steam ahead with my business and the rest is history.
If I am not shooting weddings or portraits of fresh newborns, happy families, or adoring couples… I am spending time with my sweet husband and darling daughter.
I am truly blessed to have my supportive and loving family and for being able to run a business that never feels like work. I get to capture beautiful, authentic moments for my clients that will forever stay with them…. and I am reminded with every wedding and session of the amazing job that have!
I can’t wait to meet you and chat about your story!
Random facts about me:
- I have a wonderful husband , an adorable little girl, and 3 fabulous fur-babies (2 dachshunds and a cat).
- I love animals, but I hate spiders!
- I have a strong dislike for mayonnaise, but I love chicken salad, some potato salad, and deviled eggs. (My husband thinks that is strange.)
- If I could have a super-power it would be: to be able to talk to animals. (Is that weird?, lol)
- I spend WAY to much time on the internet and my computer, iPhone, iPad, etc…
- I love sprite and Haribo gummy bears (the German brand).
- I can’t fully function in the morning before I have had a cup of coffee.
- My favorite color is tiffany blue/aqua (The color has somehow managed to creep into almost every room in our house).
- I love to travel, and my favorite place is Paris.
- I love to cook… and to eat! I don’t discriminate (unless it has mayonnaise in it, hehe). I love sushi.
- I overuse exclamation points (!) and ellipsis (…) in my emails, and I am ok with it (even with my English minor)